Syn free with speedy, tasty butternut squash! I lovvvvvvveee this!
- 1 tbsp curry powder (whatever your preferred heat is, I use medium)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g garden peas
- 2cm cube ginger (chopped)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 chilli (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 500g lean mince meat (5% fat)
- (Optional) 8 new potatoes (quartered)
- Beef stock pot
- Basmati rice
- Boil the new potatoes in a pan and the rice in another pan. And leaveto cook for 12 minutes.
- In another pan, fry the onion, garlic and ginger for two minutes using frylight.
- Break up the mince and add to the onions garlic and ginger.
- Add the chopped chilli and cook until all of the meat is browned.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, ground coriander, chilli powder and stock pot to the pan and stir until the stock pot melts.
- Add the passata and peas.
- If using, drain the potatoes, add the the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add turmeric to the rice, stir and drain once cooked.
- Serve with Bombay butternut squash.
Bombay butternut squash
Super easy, but I didn’t get a picture! Really nice to pimp up your speed food!
Just cut up butternut squash into cubes (or be lazy like me and buy it like this!), put on a roasting tray, spray with garlic frylight and sprinkle with curry powder and roast on 180 for 20 minutes!