I’ve started drinking water instead of cups of tea and that gives me a different healthy extra a to play around with!
Adam drinks black coffee (hardcore!) so always has the luxury of choosing something else for his Hex A.
Here’s one of his favourites, that he can’t even tell is “diet food”.
Creamy Chicken & Bacon Pasta
I’m pretty sure that if you use tagliatelle, this is classed as a carbonara, but I just use whatever pasta I have in the cupboard!
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 150g reduced fat soft cheese
- 4 rashers of bacon (diced with all visible fat removed)
- 2 chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 200ml chicken stock
- Dry mixed herbs
- Dried pasta of your choice
- Green beans (or vegetables of choice)
- Cook your pasta
- Fry the onion and garlic in the low calorie cooking spray until the onions are translucent
- Add the chicken to the pan and fry until lightly browned
- Add the bacon and fry until lightly browned
- Stir in the soft cheese
- Slowly add and stir in the chicken stock until the sauce is the desired consistency (you may wish to lose less or more stock depending on preference)
- Add the mixed herbs and season with pepper
- Drain the pasta
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir together
- Serve with green beans.
Free when soft cheese is used as healthy extra A. Otherwise, 3 syns per serving.